Saturday, October 19, 2013

Taobao Haul 4 || Fav Taobao shops

Saturday, October 19, 2013
Edit: Taobao Haul 5 (where I buy directly from Taobao) up now :-) 
____________________________

Hello back with another Taobao haul/review hahahahaha (the taobao agent I use is SGshop

Black Bag ¥39.00
Untitled Untitled Untitled
Was actually contemplating getting this bag or not but I decided to on the very last minute and I'm super glad I did!! It's smaller than I had anticipated but it's okay because I think I prefer it like this hahaha buttttttttttttttt my only complain is that the drawstring part of the bag gets stuck sometimes so it's quite hard to open and close the main compartment. It's super troublesome la but oh wellz.
Everything is true to colour as on the website and I really like the material of the bag and I especially like the hardware!!! Because sometimes bags have this really ugly yellowish gold hardware but this one is sort of a slight rose gold colour and it's really pretty!!

For reference purposes I am 1.56m and about US size 24 for bottoms 

B&W Raglan Top ¥14.00
Collage4
Got me another one of these raglan tops because the black dye on my previous one (with shoulder cut outs) smudged all over the white part of the shirt :-( Speaking of white parts hahaha the white part of this shirt is so translucent I think I'll need to wear one of those plain white bandeaus underneath :-(

Collage Collage2
This looked tighter on the website than it is irl but I think it's just because I don't have much around my chest area to hold up the shirt like the model HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. But I really like the fit nonetheless because I think this is a little bit more modest and plus I don't think I would dare to wear something cropped and tight out in public LOL. Not like anyone would care but I bought this with intentions of rolling up the sleeves but I think it still looks okay if I don't hahaha. The material is also really good and soft and I really want to buy the black one now?????????

HWS Jeans (XS) ¥59.00  
Collage3
DSC_0559
(Edit) Actually I think they're more of jeggings than jeans because they're really stretchy and I wore them on the first day of school and they are super super super super comfy!!!!!! Wasn't expecting it to be this comfortable because when I first got them they were quite tight fitting but I guess after washing/wearing they loosened up a bit haha. Anyway it also fits me really good and it's just right and EVEN the length is (almost) perfect for me and that is REALLY rare. Measurements on the website quite accurate imo!! 

Btw idk if you noticed but I have a black blazer hanging on my window so it's in the (blurry) background of some of the photos in this post!!! It's also from the same shop as this pair of jeans/jeggings but it's too big for me :-(. I'm contemplating whether I should bring it for alteration or just leave it as it is because it's probably more expensive to alter a blazer and I don't really have formal presentations all the time lehz :-(

Collage5
Regretted this a bit when my mother sent in our orders to the agent because I was afraid the colour would look a bit cheap?? But I'm really happy with it because I think it actually looks really nice!!! The straps are non adjustable because it's just one long piece of fabric so I put it into a knot like how the website photos showed it and I think it really helped!! Also to note the bag does not have a closure like a zip or what so it's just open but I'll be slinging it across my body 99% of the time anyway. I doubt I'll be unable to notice if someone tries to steal something from my bag and besides the bag is really deep so it'll be hard for someone to do so la LOL.

Denim Clutch ¥19.00 
Collage6
Top 2 photos are when I have a piece of A4 cardboard (that I tore out from my A4 sketchbook) inside to hold the shape or else it would just plop and flop like the bottom 2 photos hahaha. Nothing much to say it's just what it is but the zip works fine!!

Oversized Tee w/ Polka Dots (Not in stock the last time I checked) 
Collage8
Really oversized shirt with polka dots!! It's really long so even if I wanted to tuck it into shorts (which is what I plan to do) it'll be too much fabric LOL so I think I might cut off the bottom part to make it shorter when I have the balls to do so hhaahahahhaa. The collar is also a bit loose like you know how sometimes after not very good quality shirts have been washed a few times the collar just loses it's shape? Hahaha it's something like that but it's not THAAAAAAAAT bad till it bothers me but I think after a few washes :-(...

Untitled
And my other complain is that white polka dots are a bit yellow :-(((((((((
This isn't a really good example but you can see that the ones on the left have a bit of yellow in it!!!! The dots at the back of the shirt are also far more yellow so I'm a bit sad about it but from far and in photos it looks normal leh!!! Idk how I feel about this shirt I don't love it but I don't hate it la just a bit disappointed with the quality LOL.

-

One of my tried and tested fav shop for cheap clothes on Taobao has definitely got to be http://ai-meiyi.taobao.com/ and I think everything I mentioned above is from that store except for the high waisted jeans and the black bag!! The quality is hit and miss like 99% of the shops on Taobao la and I doubt it's the best shop out there but overall I think it's okay la because the clothes there are quite nice??

Speaking of favourite Taobao shops I also really like http://kawanikwn.taobao.com for shorts!!! I actually only bought two from them (shown here) before but they both fit really good and the shorts aren't very expensive too!! The other time I bought the 2 shorts together and after shipping with my agent and all that per piece is only about SGD$15 and the quality is also really good!!!!!!!!!! I have seen a lot of blogshops selling what can be found on that shorts website for like almost $30 which is ridiculous la when you can get it so much cheaper??? The shorts there are quite cheap but everything else like their bags, shirts and dresses etc are really really expensive and there are cheaper alternatives out there.

I did buy a few other things from this store but I'm disappointed with like everything......... The prices aren't that cheap as compared to a lot of other shops on Taobao so I really expected better quality clothes... But the quality of the printing on the graphic shirts I ordered (Kid Tee and Homies Graphic Tee both in XS) were not very good as what the site showed and they were almost $10+ per piece after shipping ugh. The Homies one isn't that bad and I would still wear it out but can't really say the same about the other. I was also expecting it to be like an oversized men's shirt fit like what the website showed but it wasn't u_u.

I also ordered the B&W Striped Skater Dress and this bandage skirt w/ exposed zip from that shop!! The the fabric of the dress is really thin and quite sheer but it's quite soft leh hahaha. The sleeves are also at this really weird not quarter not short length so I'm going to alter it and get the tailor to cut the sleeves for me :-/. I ordered XS and I think the waist part is a bit too low and slightly big for me but I'm short and my waist is quite small la so that may just be me??
The skirt (XS) fits me ok but it's really REALLY short T_T and the zipper is a bit weird because it bulges out and it's not exactly the most flattering thing HAHAHA. But my mum says zippers are like that so idk ಠ_ಠ. The skirt is also quite sheer and honestly it looks quite scandalous so if I do wear that skirt I think I will wear it with an oversized denim shirt or something and have the zipper be at the back so what's exposed is all just black fabric haha.

-

Anyway Taobao is online shopping and naturally there are hits and misses because you never know what you're going to get, like the quality could be really good/bad or the sizing could be terribly wrong or perfect. This particular batch wasn't very impressive because I was disappointed in a lot of the clothes but it's not all that bad. And for all the cheap good quality clothes out there on Taobao I'm willing to take up the risk!! I have bought so many clothes on Taobao that are of amazing quality but I never showed them properly in a post so it's not like everything I get isn't the best quality or what!!

The Jerlyn a few years ago would have been so skeptical and only want to wear clothes with name brands but aiya clothes are still clothes right. I am damn aunty and cheapo now but to justify myself if there are people out there who like 看不起/despise me for buying cheap clothes, 99.99% of the blogshops out there sell clothes at like $20-$30 and they're the EXACT same ones as those that can be found on Taobao for like a fraction of the price?

I wouldn't mind spending more money on clothes that I know will be of amazing quality or if I know it's something I cannot find on Taobao like of course I'm not going to like save and scrimp on those kind of things? But my point is there are also some clothes out there that are like ridiculously priced yet I know that I can still get the exact same (look wise and quality wise) for much MUCH cheaper. And like I said I have bought cheaper clothes on Taobao that isn't of the best quality but on the other hand there are some that are the total opposite. For example I have this (at most) $3 basic grey/black shirt from Taobao that I have worn SO many times and they still hold their shape whereas my $15 shirt from Cotton On lost its shape after probably less than 5 times of wearing it ಠ_ಠ

So moral of the story (LOL) is just because the clothes are super cheap or super expensive it doesn't ALWAYS mean that the level of quality will be proportional to the price!! There's a bit of psychology here ok like there was an experiment that had like participants drinking glasses of wine that they thought were different (e.g. they thought one glass of wine was worth $10 while another, $90) while in actual fact both were the exact same kind of wine. And the results were that people actually said that the $90 glass tasted better than the $10 one when they're both the exact same so do you get my point!!!!!!! If you don't believe you can go google it or read it here la hahahaha.

-

Didn't get this from Taobao but from Malacca instead but I thought I would just throw them in this post LOL.
Collage7
Basic v-neck that I got in like dark grey and black also from F.O.S and I think it was RM56 for 3?

DSC_0605 DSC_0595

L: Captain America tank that was only RM10 I couldn't pass it up D-: I think it's a bit weird on me but I'll make it work somehow!!!!!!!!!
R: B&W striped shorts from a shop called Hi-Style haha. The clothes there are quite nice actually and it's actually not that expensive...Like my brother got a pair of jeans and KaiBoon also got a nice leather jacket for only RM30 and that's approximately only SGD$12????????? Anyway these shorts were buy 1 get 1 free with a few other shirts as well so JingWen got one shirt (originally RM45) and I got these shorts (RM49) because she couldn't find anything else that she really wanted in the B1G1 section haha.
The cutting is a bit weird though because usually shorts are supposed to be a bit longer at the back than the front right because it's supposed to go over that extra perimeter of your butt??????? But these shorts are of the same length at the front and back and I don't even really have a butt yet I feel like they are going to be exposed at like any moment?? I think I'll just wear a belt and have it much lower than it's supposed to be so my butt won't be hanging out of these shorts ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ (tmi sorry not sorry) 

Awkward ending to this post but bye 我明天就开学了 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ 

4 comments:

  1. Hey what size did you get for the jeans? And what uk size are you? I am having a lot of trouble deciding what size to get sighs. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Sorry for the super late reply! I'm usually a UK4 and I forgot the exact size but it should be XS/the smallest size! Hahaha yeah I know online shopping can be quite risky x_x

      Delete
  2. Hi, just curious, how much does it usually cost to ship the clothes to sg when you shop? :-) btw the denim clutch is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello hehe thanks!! Not so sure about shipping costs because it depends on how many clothes you buy! The more you buy, the cheaper the shipping for each item will be :-)

      I think.. At most you might pay like 1.5 times the price of the item. E.g. Shirt costs $10, after shipping etc, you maybe pay a total of $15 for the shirt!

      If you can, try to buy directly from Taobao instead of through an agent (e.g. SGshop/65Daigou). From my experience, shipping is relatively cheaper :) That's what I've been doing lately!!

      Delete

even in the dust, we shine © 2014