Monday, October 28, 2013

Malacca Trip Day 2

Monday, October 28, 2013
DSC_0326 Untitled
Breakfast at this chinese shop that started with the word "Tunjung" or something??? Hahahaha

DSC_0331
My brother's kaya and butter toast and JingWen's char kway teow

DSC_0336
My YTF :-))) The soup smelled super nice but there were only like three things inside like the tofu and fishball that I actually ate :-(

DSC_0338

Had a mini photo taking session outside of the place we had our breakfast at and we even blocked one car's way while posing for photos OTL
DSC_0342
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

DSC_0344
Thought this photo of my father adjusting his glasses was quite funny because he looks like he's sheltering my mum HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

DSC_0348
My favourite family photo of us so far haha even though my eyes are so tiny but my brother is smiling!!!!!!!
And side note my mum is so fair she's like a vampire

Collage
JingWen and her fam ( ´ ▽ ` )

DSC_0354 DSC_0368
Outdoor stalls near our hotel that sold local snacks/food

Also shopped a bit more at Mahkota Parade with our parents before heading back to our hotel to check out :-(
DSC_0375
Collage3
DSC_0385 DSC_0392
Got famous Nadeje crepe cakes in mixed berries and praline at the branch outside of Mahkota Parade (~RM9.50 each)!!! I honestly think the concept is quite interesting and it's really worth at least one try!!

DSC_0398
After checking out we went back to the mall again and went to these stands in the mall that sold all these different biscuits and dried fruits and got a few things!! JingWen introduced me to these muruku cili and it is damn addicting??????? Also got dried guava and dried kiwi but didn't get too much because it's probably full of sugar and all these different preservatives LOL

Passed by this Japanese (and Taiwanese) cuisine restaurant in Mahkota Parade that was quite cheap so we had our lunch there!!
Collage4 Untitled Untitled
Got a private room for the 8 of us and I was really excited about the seats wtf cheap thrills

DSC_0410
Everything here is my father's taiwanese dishes except for KaiBoon's soft shell crab!! The glutinous rice and sausage thing I didn't quite understand o_o

DSC_0416
Ordered egg mayo sushi and chawanmushi for myself because I was still super full from day 1 LOL. Unfortunately the egg mayo was so disappointing because it was the sandwich kind of egg mayo instead of the japanese sushi egg mayo u_u. And I actually really like the sandwich kind but on sandwiches la and not on sushi :-(
My brother's omu rice and katsu that actually has ham and cheese inside!!

DSC_0434
JingWen's beef soup thing and KaiBoon's salmon bento

DSC_0439
My mum's sashimi bento that was only RM30!!!

Collage5
JingWen's parents' pig trotters dish (???) and unagi don (I presume) hahaha

Untitled
Me and the JingWenz
(I realize that I rarely use my own phone to take photos of myself and someone else unless I'm with JingWen or my brother)

Okay so actually otw to the Japanese restaurant, we passed by this camera shop and my father stopped to look at the lenses because there was this Tamron camera lens that was 18-200mm selling for only ~RM599??? So he stopped me and we were both looking at it la and a staff came to tell us that that was a second-hand one for a Canon camera, and that the brand new one for Nikon was a bit more expensive at around RM700+ (around SGD$310). And that's actually really cheap as compared to the Nikon 18-200mm one that I really wanted but that's about SGD1k D-:

So we decided to eat first because everyone was waiting for me and my father x_x. My father even called his friend in Singapore afterwards to ask whether the brand was good for Nikon and also to check on how much it's worth in Singapore hehehe. Throughout the entire lunch in the restaurant I kept dreaming about the camera lens and I really wanted it because my standard 18-55mm lens can still be used but it's not in the greatest condition ever la. And even so that lens is the really basic default one and so obviously its zooming capability is not that great LOL. And the only other lens I have are the 35mm f/1.8G one and it takes really nice photos with the very blurry background but as the name states ("35mm"), I can't zoom at all with that lens. So if I had an 18-200mm one I would basically be covered for any photo I wanted to take because I could take photos of objects I want to focus on and have the really blurry backgrounds with my 35mm OR I could take photo of things in general with the 18-200mm ones and not have the camera lens just focused on ONE thing and have everything else that I also want to show in the photo blurred away.

ANYWAY MORAL OF THE LONG STORY if you didn't bother to read that long chunk of words or didn't understand anything is that the 18-200mm lens will be really helpful la essentially

DSC_0451
The first testing shot I ever took with the 18-200mm lens that I was trying out in the store at 200mm!! This photo is unedited because I wanted to keep it in its raw state hahaha but it's really clear right omg 

Huge thank you to my parents for actually letting me buy the camera lenses and helping me pay for it first ಥ_ಥ

The next few photos were taken using my new lens but I was still testing it out la
Collage2
Imo Malaysia doesn't have the most trendiest things but Dees is one of the stores I always make sure to go when I'm there because you can find really nice things in there sometimes!! But but but but the smallest size they have usually doesn't fit me pffft and I found this plain black peplum skirt for only RM10 but it was too big wahlaozczzdiosdoiasdaioz
Parkson is just a departmental store like Singapore's Robinsons and John Little etc but I just buy pens from there because they're SO cheap and the really nice Faber-Castell pens usuaully range from only ~RM0.80 to ~RM1.50???????  They have a Popular at Mahkota Parade but I didn't go in and I wished I did because they probably have a larger selection of pens :-(

I also really really like F.O.S. for clothes and I wished we had one in Singapore u_u

DSC_0456
You can find all these rows and rows and rows of tinier shops towards the end of Dataran Pahlawan and clothes there are generally quite cheap haha

To our surprise there was a Hui Lau Shan in Dataran Pahlawan and our family got quite excited because this is everywhere in HongKong and they serve really nice mango desserts!!
Went there with my brother, JingWen and KaiBoon to rest while our parents went for a massage/pedicure
DSC_0460 DSC_0461
SO YUMMY!!!!! If I remember correctly prices there normally range from RM6.90 to RM12.90 for the mango desserts so not very cheap but not too bad either. I especially like the mango chewy because of the chewy white balls hahahahaha. The mango mochi is quite nice too but I only had a small bite because my brother probably didn't want to share more ಥ_ಥ. Mango is like his fav fruit and he even had mango gelato like 15 minutes after this??????????

DSC_0473
Bolognese pizza something crepes that my brother and JingWen both got
These are from this store called Hot Roll and we first tried their crepes/prata in Genting and we usually always get food from them when we see a store in Malaysia!! There's one now in NEX though so if I want one I can always just go there to get it hehehehehe

DSC_0477
Creepy shot I took of the guy working there because we had to wait for about 10 minutes and I kept watching him because he's quite entertaining but not in a mean way la. Could tell that he was a new staff there and he really reminded me of my early days in Robinsons Customer Service!!! Like all flustered when a lot of customers come because I didn''t know what to do then and I could only helplessly watch my senior do things and just learn from there hahahahaha

DSC_0478 DSC_0452 DSC_0488 DSC_0453
Few testing shots with the new lens before we headed on our way back to Singapore :-(

Stopped at this place for dinner and it's our second time here I think. The first time was when we went to Genting back in like May and I really like the food here!!!
DSC_0495
No idea where it is because I basically just slept all the way till here but if the name of the place is of any help o_o

There was also this clothing store that opened just besides this place so of course we had to go in and take a look hahahaha. The clothes weren't that exceptional but their bras are only like RM10 (<SGD$4) and the quality is also actually really nice??? A bit tmi (ooh an oxymoron) la but I bought 2 and I wish I bought more but the food we ordered had arrived so we had to leave early :-(

DSC_0496
Had kopi peng again even though it was already 6pm hahaha sacrificing sleep for kopi ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ
And super super super super stinking nice fried rice wtf it was so oily but I still kept on taking more

DSC_0497
(Overly) fried youtiao, boar meat (I presume), horfun and veggies
Didn't eat any except for the meat which tasted like char siew and was quite nice!!

DSC_0504
Ridiculously tiny clams hahahaha and salted egg yolk crayfish
We actually also ordered this really really nice egg omelette idk why I don't have a picture of it :-( Ordered so much but we still managed to finish it all wtf

DSC_0515
JingWen and Boon hahahahaha wtf they doing

DSC_0517
The sky also turned as dark and gloomy as the mood I was in when we had to head back to Singapore
(╥﹏╥) (╥﹏╥) (╥﹏╥) (╥﹏╥) (╥﹏╥)

-

Photo of (probably) all the things I bought in Malacca n_n
Untitled
Bought formal office clothes because I probably need it for my presentations in poly!! The shirts were only RM53 for 2 from FOS but the skirt from DEES was RM45.90 wtf and I still have to go alter the skirt because it's too big s0bz

Untitled
Bought an Ariel body spray because it was only RM7.90 at Watsons and it smelled good hahahaha wtf
The oxycover is super random idk why I included this in the picture but it was slightly cheaper there so

Untitled
And last but not least hehehe muruku Ikan biscuits, dried fruits and ding ding tang :^) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

even in the dust, we shine © 2014