Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Malacca Trip Day 1

Wednesday, October 23, 2013
This post probably took the longest time EVER to compose please take at least 10 minutes to slowly read every single word and admire every pixel!! It took me roughly 5 hours total alone just to edit and compile the photos into different collages ಠ_ಠ. Photos still aren't that amazing as compared to real professionals la but I'm still really proud of what I did and I don't regret the 5 hours at all!!

This post may be quite messy too because it's a mish mash of photos from my DSLR (only used the 35mm f/1.8G on the first day) and iPhone and a few GIFs here and there hahahahaha

Woke up at around 5am and set out to Malaysia along with JingWen's family!! Wanted to go to some new area in Malaysia for breakfast.......... but we got lost HAHAHAHAHA
DSC_0127
Didn't find the place we planned to go to and we stopped outside a random fruit store in the middle of the road and bought fruits

Untitled Untitled

Since we didn't know where we were we just drove and stopped at yet again another random store along the roads and had our breakfast there
DSC_0132
Untitled Untitled
Tried Kaiboon's kopi peng and fell in love wtf it's so nice and much better than Starbucks and LITERALLY 10 times cheaper. Asked for a small plastic bag to dabao my kopi peng, expecting the kind they had at coffee shops in SG with the red plastic string but they really gave me an actual small plastic bag which I thought was quite funny hahahaha

DSC_0133
Meowz

Reached Malacca while happily sipping on my kopi peng!!!!!!!!!!
(And haha my brother in the background of the last 2 gifs)

Untitled
Honestly really pointless photo of me and the blurry white background hahahahaha but CAN'T YOU FEEL MY EXCITEMENT

Reached at around 10 or 11am and could only check in at 12pm so we had lunch at a Nonya restaurant. It's along a whole stretch of buildings (shophouses??) opposite Dahtaran Pahlawan/Hotel Equatorial and there's a lot of different nonya restaurants available but the one we ate at was the one closest to the mall! 
DSC_0158 DSC_0159
DSC_0162 DSC_0168
Favourite dish was definitely the omelette but it was too small and it was gone so quick :-(
The (assam??) stingray was also quite good but my picture does it no justice hahahaha

Went to Dataran Pahlawan afterwards where I bought 6 shirts and 1 skirt in less than a few hours!! 
Untitled
Panorama shot near the entrance and hahahaha check out KB in the middle walking like a duck

Have to have A&W waffles and rootbeer floats when we go to Malaysia!!!!!!!
DSC_0174
DSC_0178 DSC_0185
DSC_0179 DSC_0189 DSC_0192
Gelato shop that we visited a few times during the trip!! The strawberry cheesecake flavour is so good and I regret not getting at least a cup :-(

DSC_0197 DSC_0202 DSC_0200
Headed to our hotel at around 3pm after a few hours of shopping to check in and rest before heading out later on in the evening. Anyway we stayed at The Explorer Hotel which was SO close to 3 malls (Dataran Pahlawan, Mahkota Parade and Hatten mall) HAHAHHAA MORE REASON TO SHOP

Untitled Untitled

Me carrying all of my shopping and my stuff to the hotel and us walking to our hotel rooms LOL 
Didn't take photos of the room but I think we took the standard one and it's tiny LOL. My room that I shared with JingWen wasn't entirely clean but it wasn't dirty either so no complaints la 

Untitled
Lift lobby of the hotel and I think they're an eco-friendly hotel la which explains all the green walls and doors

Headed out again at around 5pm to Jonker Street's night market
DSC_0209 DSC_0205 DSC_0206
Photos of the shophouses nearby our hotel when we went to search for macarons but the shop closed down :-((((((((((((

DSC_0215 DSC_0218DSC_0220 DSC_0221 DSC_0223
Pretty trishaws that are everywhere!!! This time round ones are much prettier than I remembered them to be and we even saw one decked out in pink and Hello Kitty!!

DSC_0231
DSC_0235 DSC_0240
Was quite excited to go to Jonker Street because the stall vendors were starting to set up the stores for the weekend night market.......... But didn't buy any clothes or souveniers because I realized that everything there is overpriced after JingWen told me :-( Plus every time I go there it's always the same few standard things so I was quite disappointed u_u

DSC_0244
Got a henna done though for RM10!! JingWen also wanted to do it but she had school in 2 days HAHAHAHAHA

DSC_0250
Famous Malacca chendol with a lot lot lot of gula melaka mMmMmmMm :-9

DSC_0254
Quail eggs and sausages with mayo and chili

DSC_0258
Hot muah chee that was done on the spot for you!!

Walked further down Jonker Street to the food stalls area and had our dinner at one of the stores way behind
DSC_0268 DSC_0283 DSC_0272 DSC_0273
DSC_0285 DSC_0294
Was really bloated and full from idek what so didn't eat much u_u
Really liked the sambal squid and the fishcake/tofu rojak dish and kept reaching back for more even though I really wasn't even hungry haha

DSC_0302 DSC_0304 DSC_0306
And as if we didn't eat enough already my brother, JingWen, Kaiboon and I got peach snow ice to share while our parents went to buy local snacks to bring back at San Shu Gong (their peanut crackers with coriander leaves is really good)

Four of us also then went to Mahkota Parade while our parents went for a massage at a place near the hotel!! Left my DSLR in the hotel room too so all photos from here onwards taken with my phone instead LOL. 
Untitled
My brother looking very bored hahahaahha 

Didn't have much luck there like I did in the morning but I did buy like 9 pens from Parkson oops 

Went to another night market afterwards to get even more food for supper hahaha wtf 
Untitled Untitled
Something like the murtabak manis in Indonesia! The one there is basically like mee chiang kueh but with a lot of sugar, peanuts, sweet corn and butter on top but the one in Indonesia is soooo much better imo because they have chocolate and cheese omg yum *_*
My mum also got "cheated" of RM0.50 here because they didn't give back her change HAHAHA

Untitled Untitled

Also got this for supper and it's like all these sticks of meat/fishpaste/chicken liver and butts (HAHA) which gets cooked in either oil or hot water, then put inside the pot of peanut sauce, cut up and then get coated with even more peanut sauce
SO SINFUL AND SO OILY BUT SO GOOD TOO

Untitled
Untitled
Our hotel was part of this white building that was directly opposite Dahtaran Pahlawan's Macdonalds and also directly next to Mahkota Parade so it was really convenient for us to walk to all the different malls and night markets!! You can see everyone walking back to the hotel entrance where the green lights are at the right side of the photo hahahaha

Untitled Untitled
Us being all excited for supper and reaching back to the hotel after a long day of shopping
We were basically walking and shopping for like 11 1/2 hours with a 2 hour break in between and my thighs hurt so bad but thankfully I wore slippers and they were mad comfy!!!

Grabbed a few chairs and sat on the (public) balcony to have our supper together hehe
Untitled Untitled Untitled
Sat there and talked about curfews and growing up and all that before heading back to sleep to refuel our energy for the next day!!!!!!!!!

Btw I slept at around 1-2am and I kept waking up in the middle of the nights and I was like "omg time to go shopping" before realizing it was 4am in the morning haha wtf. Day 2 post drafted already and posting it up soon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

even in the dust, we shine © 2014