Monday, October 14, 2013

Momiji Buffet - Yishun Northpoint

Monday, October 14, 2013
Post about the Momiji Buffet Restaurant at Northpoint that I went for dinner last Thursday to celebrate my mum's birthday! Been to the branch at Citypoint probably about a year or two ago and the food variety then wasn't too much but this time it was different n_n

Lighting was really orange there but I really liked how the photos turned out after editing
Seafood 2
Didn't take as much salmon as I thought I would (but still quite a lot) which is so weird because that is my top pick for jap food but the salmon was really thick and good!!
Snow crabs on the top left were a huge hit among everyone there and I liked the fact that they kept refilling it because it's usually gone within like a few minutes because everyone basically took a whole plate full each no joke. I'm not a huge fan of Sakae Sushi's salmon mentai sushi but the one here (bottom right) was so much better I took like 3???? Craving for it so bad now sian sian SIAN

Seafood 1
A few of the plates of sushi available :-)
Didn't try the usual ebiko/inari/tuna/unagi sushi because I wanted to save my stomach haha but the top left one was one of my favourites there!! Also had one crabmeat inari (in the background of bottom right photo) and I really wished they could have had egg mayo sushi :-(

They had 3 of these stations whereby they have all these wooden stands with the names of the different dishes. You have to clip the clips (ha ha) found on your table to the stand and they'll deliver the dish right to your table!!
To Order 1
Photos I took of the dishes in these little claypot fire stands thing turned out bad so I deleted them haha. My family ordered the enoki wagyu beef and this black pepper crayfish dish (with a few others I can't remember) but I didn't eat much so idk!!

To Order 3
Dishes from the station next to the sushi! Only tried the enoki mushroom (very sweet we didn't end up finishing it) and the fish at the bottom left which was really nice!!

To Order 2
King Crab hotpot thing hahaha. Read somewhere that this finished fast so we went to order it before it was too late HAHA. Also didn't try this because all I ate was the sushi/sashimi and dessert oops

Cooked food section which was where we sat next to LOL
Cooked Food 2
Only had the yakitori which I really liked but didn't try the rest because by the time I wanted to, my mum told me that the food was already cold and wasn't as nice :-( Really wished I had tried the scallops with mentai though u_u

Cooked Food 1
Scallop fried rice // Seafood Marinara // Prawns // Brocolli // "Lamb Stew" which wasn't even lamb stew wtf they changed the label to "Sweet and Spicy Fish" afterwards HAHA
I thought the fried rice and seafood marinara was ok but my father really liked the fried rice!! Didn't try the prawns and brocolli (duh) but I quite liked the sweet and spicy fish. It's basically fried fish in chili crab sauce and they even had fried mantou's on the side to accompany the sauce!

Drinks
Cold iced drinks available with the usual soft drinks and hot drinks station!
Tried my brothers Iced Fuji Apple Berries and the name is so cute and I quite liked it :-)

Fried food section x_x (they had japanese curry and soup besides this but I wasn't too interested)
Fried Food
Japanese gyoza (not pictured) and pumpkin tempura (1/5 pictured) on the left

Fried Food 2 Fried Food 1 Refrained myself from eating fried food so I only had one slice of pork katsu with half the skin LOL. Tasted average la but I liked the one I had during my birthday much better!!! My mum said the breading on the fried shishamo (top left) was too thick.

And my favourite section of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Desserts 1
Chocolate fountain // Bread and butter pudding with fruits at the bottom and milk seashell chocolates on the right // Haagen Daz's ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bread and butter pudding was hard and just not nice but the Haagen Daz's ice cream was good as per usual!! Had strawberry, green tea and also tried the mango passionfruit :-)

Desserts 2
They also had konyakku jelly (yumz) and I took these photos before the crowd appeared so everything was nice and intact HAHAHA.
The oreo cheesecake was disappointing because it was too soft for my liking so I just simultaneously ate it with my cheesecake which BTW IS SO GOOD LIKE eating it just made me so happy I thanked my parents halfway through the meal just because it was THAT good. I didn't eat the brownie/chocolate cake which I'm quite sad about :-(. I didn't eat a lot of the other desserts there too because I didn't want it that bad and if I were to eat all unhealthy and so much sugar I rather just had more cheesecake. Which I gladly did (⌒-⌒; ).

Desserts 3
They only had a bowl of marshmallows and another small measly bowl of strawberries that I only took 4 of for the chocolate fondue :-( But the sweet crispy pastry sticks at the side made up for it because they were so crispy and with the chocolate......... *_*

Food 4 Food 1 Food 3 Food 2
I promise not all was mine hahahahaha
I basically had 2 plates of seafood and 2 of desserts like wtf even my mum said I ate a lot at the buffet which I normally don't???????? I think it's because there was honestly so much food available there that I wanted to just try everything and I guess it all just added up T_T But it's ok because I only get to have buffets once every few months so I have to go all out right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall I'm really happy with Momiji hehehehehe definitely lived up to my expectations :-)

Collage
"Omg Jerlyn you are so narcissistic why is your face so big in the bottom right photo"
Isn't my fault the lenses I used only took close up shots hahahhahahaa and anyway the way my fringe is pulled back makes it look like a hill made out of hair hahahahaha funny sia

-
Momiji Japanese Buffet Restaurant 
Northpoint Shopping Centre, 930 Yishun Ave 2, #03-47/50 
+65 6484 1090 
DSC_0027

No comments:

Post a Comment

even in the dust, we shine © 2014